Canadian Patents Database / Patent 2643247 Summary
Third-party information liability
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
Claims and Abstract availability
Any discrepancies in the text and image of the Claims and Abstract are due to differing posting times. Text of the Claims and Abstract are posted:
- At the time the application is open to public inspection;
- At the time of issue of the patent (grant).
|(12) Patent:||(11) CA 2643247|
|(54) English Title:||IMAGE VIEWING SYSTEM FOR PASSENGERS OF AN AIRCRAFT AND AIRCRAFT COMPRISING SUCH A SYSTEM|
|(54) French Title:||SYSTEME DE VISUALISATION D'IMAGES POUR PASSAGERS D'UN AERONEF|
|(51) International Patent Classification (IPC):||
|(72) Inventors (Country):||
|(73) Owners (Country):||
|(71) Applicants (Country):||
|(74) Agent:||RICHES, MCKENZIE & HERBERT LLP|
|(86) PCT Filing Date:||2007-02-23|
|(87) PCT Publication Date:||2007-08-30|
|(30) Availability of licence:||N/A|
|(30) Language of filing:||English|
|Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT):||Yes|
|(86) PCT Filing Number:||PCT/FR2007/000328|
|(87) International Publication Number:||WO2007/096531|
|(85) National Entry:||2008-08-21|
|(30) Application Priority Data:|
The invention relates to an image viewing system for aircraft passengers, characterized in that it is embodied in the form of a module (10) which comprises a unit (20) for displaying images originating from at least one image source (12, 14, 16), the display unit being tied to an internal wall of the aircraft, in a position parallel to a floor of the aircraft.
L' invention concerne système de visualisation d' images pour passagers d'aéronef, caractérisé en ce qu'il est réalisé sous la forme d'un module (10) qui comporte une unité d'affichage (20) d'images provenant d'au moins une source d'images, l'unité d'affichage étant assujettie à une paroi interne de l'aéronef, dans une position parallèle à un plancher de l'aéronef.
What is claimed is:
1. An image viewing system for passengers of an aircraft, comprising:
a module provided with a display unit configured to display images
originating from at least one image source, wherein
the display unit is disposed in a position parallel to a floor of the aircraft
when the module is fastened to an internal partition of the aircraft, and
the display unit is configured to be accessible to the passengers
2 A system according to claim 1, wherein the display unit has a convex
3. A system according to claim 2, wherein the display unit has a
hemispherical general shape.
4. A system according to one of claims 1 to 3, further comprising:
a projection unit configured to project images furnished by the at least one
image source; and
an optical system configured to adapt, to the display unit, the images
5. A system according to claim 1, further comprising:
passenger/viewing system interactive elements that are associated with
the display unit.
6. A system according to claim 5, wherein the display unit integrates a
layer, and the interactive elements form tactile zones of the layer.
7. A system according to claim 5 or 6, further comprising:
a plurality of interactive elements arranged around the display unit.
8. A system according to claim 1, further comprising:
a data-processing unit.
9. A system according to claim 1, further comprising:
a mechanism configured to adjust the vertical position of the display unit.
10. A system according to claim 1, wherein
the display unit is mounted on a support capable of being fixed on the
internal partition of the aircraft.
11. A system according to claim 10, wherein
the support is provided with a fixation foot.
12. A system according to claim 10 or 11, further comprising:
an adjustment mechanism configured to vertically adjust the support.
13. A system according to claim 12, wherein
the adjustment mechanism is of the rotary type.
14. A system according to claim 1, wherein
the module has a height that is smaller than the height of the
15. A system according to claim 1, wherein the display unit has a circular
16. A system according to claim 15, wherein the display unit is configured
to be viewed from a plurality of positions around the periphery of the display
17. A system according to claim 1, wherein the display unit is mounted on
a support and forms therewith an external physical envelope of the image
Sorry, the requested images are unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes and contact us if the problem persists.
For a clearer understanding of the status of the application/patent presented on this page, the site Disclaimer , as well as the definitions for Patent , Administrative Status , Maintenance Fee and Payment History should be consulted.
|(86) PCT Filing Date||2007-02-23|
|(87) PCT Publication Date||2007-08-30|
|(85) National Entry||2008-08-21|
|Next Payment if small entity fee||2016-02-23||$100.00|
|Next Payment if standard fee||2016-02-23||$200.00|
Note : If the full payment has not been received on or before the date indicated, a further fee may be required which may be one of the following
- the reinstatement fee set out in Item 7 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules;
- the late payment fee set out in Item 22.1 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules; or
- the additional fee for late payment set out in Items 31 and 32 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules.
|Fee Type||Anniversary Year||Due Date||Amount Paid||Paid Date|
|Registration of Documents||$100.00||2008-11-10|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||2||2009-02-23||$100.00||2009-01-29|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||3||2010-02-23||$100.00||2010-01-28|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||4||2011-02-23||$100.00||2011-01-28|
|Registration of Documents||$100.00||2011-05-24|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||5||2012-02-23||$200.00||2012-01-24|
|Request for Examination||$800.00||2012-02-09|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||6||2013-02-25||$200.00||2013-01-23|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||7||2014-02-24||$200.00||2014-01-27|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||8||2015-02-23||$200.00||2015-01-28|