Note: Claims are shown in the official language in which they were submitted.
1. Peptide having the formula Lys-Lys-Gly-Glu-OH for use in medicine.
2. Use of the peptide Lys-Lys-Gly-Glu-OH for the manufacture of a
composition for treatment and/or prophylaxis of cancer, autoimmune diseases,
fibrotic diseases, inflammatory diseases, neurodegenerative diseases,
infectious diseases, lung diseases, heart and vascular diseases and metabolic
3. Use of the peptide according to claim 2, wherein cancer, the autoimmune
disease, fibrotic disease, inflammatory disease, neurodegenerative disease,
infectious disease, lung disease, heart and vascular disease or metabolic
disease is selected from shock and tissue injury, vascular leakage syndrome,
acute respiratory distress syndrome, gastrointestinal necrosis, acute renal
necrosis, adrenal hemorrhage, anorexia, hepatosplenomegaly, subendocardial
inflammation, insulin resistance, pulmonary hypertension, sarcoidosis,
pulmonary fibrosis, and/or COPD.
4. Use of the peptide according to claim 1 for the preparation of a
oral administration to newborns, toddlers, and/or infants.
5. Use of the peptide according to claim 1 for the preparation of a
formulation or a buffered liquide formulation.
6. Pharmaceutical composition containing the peptide Lys-Lys-Gly-Glu-OH
together with at least one pharmaceutically acceptable carrier,
lyoprotectant, excipient and/or diluent.
7. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 6 in the form of a
liquid buffer solution.
8. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 6 or 7 suitable for
administration, oral administration, or for administration by inhalation.
9. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 6, 7 or 8 in the form of an
artificial mother milk formulation or mother milk substitute suitable for oral
delivery to newborns, toddlers and infants.