Canadian Patents Database / Patent 2732386 Summary
Third-party information liability
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
Claims and Abstract availability
Any discrepancies in the text and image of the Claims and Abstract are due to differing posting times. Text of the Claims and Abstract are posted:
- At the time the application is open to public inspection;
- At the time of issue of the patent (grant).
|(12) Patent:||(11) CA 2732386|
|(54) English Title:||HERBICIDAL COMPOSITION COMPRISING ACETIC ACID AND A NATURAL ADJUVANT SURFACTANT|
|(54) French Title:||COMPOSITION HERBICIDE COMPRENANT DE L'ACIDE ACETIQUE ET UN AGENT TENSIO-ACTIF NATUREL|
|(51) International Patent Classification (IPC):||
|(72) Inventors (Country):||
|(73) Owners (Country):||
|(71) Applicants (Country):||
|(74) Agent:||MOFFAT & CO.|
|(22) Filed Date:||2011-02-22|
|(41) Open to Public Inspection:||2011-06-28|
|(30) Availability of licence:||N/A|
|(30) Language of filing:||English|
|(30) Application Priority Data:|
The present invention is in respect of a natural herbicide that utilizes
acetic acid, i.e.
vinegar, to kill weeds. The acetic acid is combined with a natural adjuvant
selected from beet juice and natural insecticidal soap.
La présente invention a trait à un herbicide naturel utilisant l'acide acétique (vinaigre) pour tuer les mauvaises herbes. L'acide acétique est combiné avec un adjuvant tensioactif naturel, soit du jus de betterave ou un savon insecticide naturel.
1. A herbicidal composition comprising an aqueous solution of 15% - 25% by
acetic acid, and an effective quantity of a natural adjuvant surfactant
selected from the
group consisting of sugar beet juice and natural insecticidal soap.
2. A herbicidal composition comprising an aqueous solution of 15% - 25% by
acetic acid, and an effective quantity of a non-yucca natural adjuvant
3. The composition of claim 1 or claim 2, wherein said acetic acid solution is
19-21 % acetic acid by mass.
4. The composition of claim 1, 2 or 3, wherein said surfactant comprises about
3% by mass of said composition.
5. The composition of claim 1, 2 or 3, wherein said surfactant comprises about
1% by mass of said composition.
6. The composition of any one of claims 1-5, wherein said composition
aqueous solution of about 20% acetic acid by mass, and about 0.2% surfactant,
7. The composition of any one of claims 1-6, wherein said surfactant is sugar
8. The composition of any one of claims 1-6, wherein said surfactant is
9. The composition of claim 8, wherein said soap contains 2% potassium salts
Sorry, the representative drawing for patent document number 2732386 was not found.
For a clearer understanding of the status of the application/patent presented on this page, the site Disclaimer , as well as the definitions for Patent , Administrative Status , Maintenance Fee and Payment History should be consulted.
|(41) Open to Public Inspection||2011-06-28|
|Next Payment if small entity fee||2019-02-22||$100.00|
|Next Payment if standard fee||2019-02-22||$200.00|
Note : If the full payment has not been received on or before the date indicated, a further fee may be required which may be one of the following
- the reinstatement fee set out in Item 7 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules;
- the late payment fee set out in Item 22.1 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules; or
- the additional fee for late payment set out in Items 31 and 32 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules.
|Fee Type||Anniversary Year||Due Date||Amount Paid||Paid Date|
|Request for Examination||$400.00||2011-02-22|
|Maintenance Fee - Patent - New Act||2||2013-02-22||$50.00||2013-01-23|
|Maintenance Fee - Patent - New Act||3||2014-02-24||$50.00||2014-01-27|
|Maintenance Fee - Patent - New Act||4||2015-02-23||$50.00||2014-11-18|
|Maintenance Fee - Patent - New Act||5||2016-02-22||$100.00||2016-01-28|
|Maintenance Fee - Patent - New Act||6||2017-02-22||$100.00||2016-11-10|
|Maintenance Fee - Patent - New Act||7||2018-02-22||$100.00||2017-10-25|