Canadian Patents Database / Patent 2884008 Summary
Third-party information liability
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
Claims and Abstract availability
Any discrepancies in the text and image of the Claims and Abstract are due to differing posting times. Text of the Claims and Abstract are posted:
- At the time the application is open to public inspection;
- At the time of issue of the patent (grant).
|(12) Patent:||(11) CA 2884008|
|(54) English Title:||CARDBOARD-BASED STRUCTURE|
|(54) French Title:||STRUCTURE A BASE DE CARTON|
|(51) International Patent Classification (IPC):||
|(72) Inventors (Country):||
|(73) Owners (Country):||
|(71) Applicants (Country):||
|(74) Agent:||FASKEN MARTINEAU DUMOULIN LLP|
|(86) PCT Filing Date:||2013-10-13|
|(87) PCT Publication Date:||2014-09-18|
|(30) Availability of licence:||N/A|
|(30) Language of filing:||English|
|Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT):||Yes|
|(86) PCT Filing Number:||PCT/IL2013/050824|
|(87) International Publication Number:||WO2014/141228|
|(85) National Entry:||2015-03-03|
|(30) Application Priority Data:|
The invention provides cardboard-based structures comprising two or more, generally elongated elements angled with respect to one another and being cut out of a multi- layered cardboard-based piece that comprises at least two layers of a single cardboard sheet folded about a longitudinal reinforcing member. The invention further provides frames, preferably human-powered vehicle frames, constructed from structures of the invention, as well as methods for producing structures of the invention.
L'invention concerne des structures à base de carton comprenant deux éléments ou plus, généralement allongés, coudés l'un par rapport à l'autre et découpés dans une pièce à base de carton à plusieurs couches, qui comprend au moins deux couches d'une feuille unique de carton pliée autour d'un élément de renfort longitudinal. L'invention concerne en outre des châssis, de préférence des châssis de véhicule à propulsion humaine, réalisés à partir des structures selon l'invention, ainsi que des procédés de production de structures selon l'invention.
- 9 -
1. A frame part comprising
two or more, generally elongated elements angled with respect to one another
being cut out of a planar multi-layered cardboard-based piece that comprises
at least two
layers of a single cardboard sheet folded about a longitudinal reinforcing
thereby define a longitudinal fold region comprising said member embraced by
of the cardboard sheet, such that at least two of said elongated elements
with one another and are cut as a single integral structure out of said planar
cardboard-based piece; and
at least a first element of said elongated elements comprises at least a
the fold region, said at least a portion of the fold region extends the length
of said first of
said elongated elements.
2. The frame part of claim 1, wherein said reinforcing member has a rounded
3. The frame part of claim 1 or 2, wherein said reinforcing member is made
cardboard or wood.
4. The frame part of any one of claims 1 to 3, wherein said first element
substantially the entire fold region.
5. The frame part of claim 4, wherein said reinforcing member extends the
said first element.
6. The frame part of any one of claims 1 to 5, further comprising a support
extending between said first element and at least one other of the elongated
7. The frame part of claim 6, wherein the support element is made of
8. The frame part according to any one of claims 1 to 7, wherein one or
more of said
elongated elements has free ends connectable to other structures or other
9. The frame part of any one of claims 1 to 8, wherein at least the first
element has a
load-bearing or bend-resistance property that is larger than a load-bearing or
resistance property of the longitudinal reinforcing member.
- 10 -
10. The frame part of any one of claims 1 to 9 being capable of supporting
a load in a
direction perpendicular to said first element, which is at least 10 times the
weight of said
11. The frame part of any one of claims 1 to 10, comprising an external
12. The frame part of claim 11, wherein the external coating comprises at
least one of
a fire-resistant coating, a liquid-resistant coating, and a scratch-resistant
13. The frame part of any one of claims 1 to 12, being a component of a
frame of a
14. The frame part of claim 12, wherein at least one end of at least one of
elongated elements is configured for articulation to a pedal crank.
15. A human-powered vehicle, comprising two or more frame parts, each of
being according to anyone of claims 1 to 14.
16. The human-powered vehicle of claim 15, sized and shaped for a human
17. A method for manufacturing a frame part, comprising:
forming a generally planar two-layer cardboard-based piece with a longitudinal
fold region at its edge, said forming comprises folding a single cardboard
sheet about a
longitudinal reinforcing member; and
cutting out a structure from the planar piece, the structure comprising at
elongated elements, a first of the at least two elongated elements extends
along said fold
region and is integral with at least one other of said elements and angled
that the at least two elongated elements are cut from the planar piece as a
For a clearer understanding of the status of the application/patent presented on this page, the site Disclaimer , as well as the definitions for Patent , Administrative Status , Maintenance Fee and Payment History should be consulted.
|(86) PCT Filing Date||2013-10-13|
|(87) PCT Publication Date||2014-09-18|
|(85) National Entry||2015-03-03|
|Next Payment if small entity fee||2018-10-15||$100.00|
|Next Payment if standard fee||2018-10-15||$200.00|
Note : If the full payment has not been received on or before the date indicated, a further fee may be required which may be one of the following
- the reinstatement fee set out in Item 7 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules;
- the late payment fee set out in Item 22.1 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules; or
- the additional fee for late payment set out in Items 31 and 32 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules.
|Fee Type||Anniversary Year||Due Date||Amount Paid||Paid Date|
|Request for Examination||$800.00||2015-03-03|
|Registration of Documents||$100.00||2015-03-03|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||2||2015-10-13||$100.00||2015-03-03|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||3||2016-10-13||$100.00||2016-10-06|
|Maintenance Fee - Patent - New Act||4||2017-10-13||$100.00||2017-09-25|