Decisions of the Commissioner of Patents - Help: Search Language
The following is a brief description of the search language used by the text search engine. This language is valid in all text fields except for the Decision of the Commissioner of Patents number, the application number and the patent number fields.
- Commas and/or periods: Do not use commas or periods with your search words; they are ignored.
- Non-alphanumeric characters: "/" and "-" are kept in the text index. All other non-alphanumeric characters are not indexed.
- Phrases: To search for a phrase of several words, use double quotes, for example, "electric transformer."
- Case Insensitivity: Searching is not case or accent sensitive.
- Search for two or more words in a phrase within n number of words of each other where n is an integer. A value of 1 is an ordinary phrase search.
- "word1 word2 ..."~n
- Pressure sensitive adhesive, pressure adhesive tape, ...
- Conveyor belt, belt for conveyor, ...
- AND: Search for documents with all words present.
- OR: Search for documents with at least one of the words.
- NOT: Exclude documents with specified words.
- word1 OPERATOR word2
- word1 OPERATOR word2 OPERATOR word3 ...
- cpu OR processor
- process AND implementation
- (silane OR organopolysiloxane) AND silicium computer NOT mainframe
- * replaces zero, one or more alphanumeric characters
- ? replaces one alphanumeric character
Note: Wildcards will not work between quotation marks. All content between quotation marks is treated as a phrase.
- fire* will match fire, fires, fireman, firefighter
- ?am will match cam, ram, jam
Date modified: 2019-04-17
- Date modified: