Canadian Patents Database / Patent 2783849 Summary
Third-party information liability
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
Claims and Abstract availability
Any discrepancies in the text and image of the Claims and Abstract are due to differing posting times. Text of the Claims and Abstract are posted:
- At the time the application is open to public inspection;
- At the time of issue of the patent (grant).
|(12) Patent Application:||(11) CA 2783849|
|(54) English Title:||SPORT SOCK SUPPORT BAND|
|(54) French Title:||BANDE DE SOUTIEN POUR CHAUSSETTES DE SPORT|
|(51) International Patent Classification (IPC):||
|(72) Inventors (Country):||
|(73) Owners (Country):||
|(71) Applicants (Country):||
|(74) Agent:||PERRY + CURRIER|
|(22) Filed Date:||2012-07-27|
|(41) Open to Public Inspection:||2013-01-27|
|(30) Availability of licence:||N/A|
|(30) Language of filing:||English|
|(30) Application Priority Data:|
A sock support band comprising a closed loop having a width thickness,
perimeter and opposing sides. The band has an elastic portion and an
attachment portion. The attachment portion has hook material attachment
means on one side for direct attachment to adjacent sock material.
What is claimed:
1. A sock support band comprising
a closed loop having a width, thickness, perimeter and opposing sides,
said band having a first elastic portion along the perimeter and a second
attachment portion along the remaining perimeter, said attachment portion
having hook material attachment means on one side of the band for direct
attachment to an adjacent sock material.
2. The invention as claimed in claim 1, wherein said attachment portion is
3. The invention as claimed in claim 1, wherein said hook material
attachment means is comprised of the hook component of the traditional hook
and loop attachment material known commercially under the Velcro.TM.
4. The invention as claimed in claim 1, wherein said perimeter is deformable
for placement and retention around a limb object.
5. The invention as claimed in claim 4, wherein said limb is a lower leg
beneath the knee.
6. The invention as claimed in claim 1, wherein said support band comprises
an elongate strap with a first end and a second end and buckle means on the
first end for attachment to the second end.
7. The invention as claimed in claim 7, wherein said buckle means is a cinch
buckle or tri glide.
8. A method of retaining a sock in place along the leg comprising one pulling
up said sock support band with said attachment portion facing outward, and
rotating the band 180 degrees so that said attachment portion faces inward,
secured to the sock fabric by way of said hook material attachment means.
9. A method of securing a sock against a limb by means of the band of Claim
1 comprising the steps of
manipulating the band so that the hook material attachment means are
oriented outwardly from the center of the loop;
stretching said band for placement over the limb in circumscribing
manipulating said band so that the hook material attachment means are
orientated inwardly towards the centre of the loop and towards the limb;
releasing the band for engagement of the hook material attachment
means against the sock material.
10. The method as claimed in claim 9 wherein said adjacent sock material is
11. The method as claimed in claim 9 wherein said sock material has
complementary loop material attachment means for attachment to said hook
material attachment means.
For a clearer understanding of the status of the application/patent presented on this page, the site Disclaimer , as well as the definitions for Patent , Administrative Status , Maintenance Fee and Payment History should be consulted.
|(41) Open to Public Inspection||2013-01-27|
|Next Payment if small entity fee||2018-07-27||$100.00|
|Next Payment if standard fee||2018-07-27||$200.00|
Note : If the full payment has not been received on or before the date indicated, a further fee may be required which may be one of the following
- the reinstatement fee set out in Item 7 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules;
- the late payment fee set out in Item 22.1 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules; or
- the additional fee for late payment set out in Items 31 and 32 of Schedule II of the Patent Rules.
|Fee Type||Anniversary Year||Due Date||Amount Paid||Paid Date|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||2||2014-07-28||$50.00||2014-07-07|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||3||2015-07-27||$50.00||2015-07-20|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||4||2016-07-27||$50.00||2016-07-13|
|Maintenance Fee - Application - New Act||5||2017-07-27||$100.00||2017-06-07|
|Request for Examination||$400.00||2017-07-05|